As of 5/11/2020 Hearing & Speech Associates, Inc. is now reopened for business.
- We are operating at normal hours but with reduced staff.
- We are prioritizing urgent needs and previously cancelled appointments.
To protect the health and safety of YOU, our patients, and of our staff, the office will be closed until further notice.
We are still working behind the scenes to make sure your needs are being met. Please call the office and leave a message if you need anything. We will respond to you in a timely fashion. 812-425-1500
Please check back to our website, follow us on Facebook, and check emails to stay informed of any updates related to this unprecedented situation.
There is no higher priority for Hearing & Speech Associates, Inc. than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Indiana State Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients.